YSC culture club
The YSC Cultural Exchange or "YSC Culture Club" is comprised of YSC members and our Japanese counterparts that reside in communities around Yokota Air Base or in the greater Tokyo area. The cultural exchange began over 45 years ago when Yokota spouses began teaching English to Japan Self-Defense Force (JASDF) Officer's Spouses. Over the years, the club has evolved to include a culture exchange through many different activities as well as members outside of the JASDF community. The club is comprised of subgroups that meet monthly (one group meets bi-monthly) with each side alternating event hosting activities.
Sign-up for the YSC Culture Club is first come, first served . This is a highly sought-after group! To join the YSC Culture Club, you must be a member of the YSC in good standing.
Questions? Email the Cultural Exchange Committee Chairperson at email@example.com.
Kickoff sign-up information
- You must be a YSC member to be part of the YSC Culture Club. Any names on the signup list without a paid membership will be removed. You can apply for membership and pay dues HERE.
- You cannot signup beforehand and are first come, first served. Serving on the YSC Board is the only way to guarantee a spot in Culture Club.
- If you have friends in a group and you want to be in that specific group, you can request to be in that group. However, requests cannot be guaranteed.
- You cannot signup for your friends; one person cannot signup multiple people.
- There may be additional dues (not to exceed $100) for the purchase of gifts, meals, etc., for hosting our Japanese counterparts. Dues are determined by the group. In addition this does not cover the cost of your own meal when hosting our Japanese counterparts.
- The full rules for Culture Club can be found HERE. Please read them carefully to make sure Culture Club will be a good fit for you.