YSC culture club
The YSC Cultural Exchange or "YSC Culture Club" is comprised of YSC members and our Japanese counterparts that reside in communities around Yokota Air Base or in the greater Tokyo area. The cultural exchange began over 45 years ago when Yokota spouses began teaching English to Japan Self-Defense Force (JASDF) Officer's Spouses. Over the years, the club has evolved to include a culture exchange through many different activities as well as members outside of the JASDF community. The club is comprised of subgroups that meet monthly (one group meets bi-monthly) with each side alternating event hosting activities.
Sign-up for the YSC Culture Club is closed for 2021-2022 year. This is a highly sought-after group! To join the YSC Culture Club, you must be a member of the YSC in good standing.
Questions? Email the Cultural Exchange Committee Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kickoff sign-up information
- You must be a YSC member to be part of the YSC Culture Club. Any names on the signup list without a paid membership will be removed. You can apply for membership and pay dues HERE: https://www.yokotaspousesclub.com/application.html
- You cannot signup beforehand; those that are already members of a culture group and wish to continue with the group should notify their group leaders.
- If you have friends in a group and you want to be in that specific group, you can request to be in that group. However, requests cannot be guaranteed.
- You cannot signup for your friends; one person cannot signup multiple people.
- Some groups may meet once a month, and some twice a month; some groups may not have full participation due to concerns with COVID-19. The key point here is to be flexible within the groups based on everyone's level of comfort.
- There may be additional dues (not to exceed $100) for the purchase of gifts, meals, etc., for hosting our Japanese counterparts. Dues are determined by the group.